West Belconnen COMMUNITY HUB Project Consultant Position Description
A HEART FOR REVIVAL:
Within the West Belconnen community there are three Anglican parishes: Charnwood, Ginninderra and Holt. We strive to be a caring and prayerful community, dependent on God, growing in faith and vision.
We prayerfully sense that God wishes to call new people to our midst to herald in a season of revival, enabling the Holy Spirit to work through us to reach out to people who don’t know Jesus and being there to support people within our community, spiritually, materially and relationally, through their journey of life.
Our Lord has promised that when we seek to do his Father’s will, then we have but to ask and we shall receive. Matthew 7:7-8 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
On this sure foundation, we ask the Holy Spirit to guide followers of Jesus, with a heart for revival, to discern a calling to undertake the role of Community Hub Project Consultant. The position will be for 3 days a week for a 6 month period, commencing no later than January 2024 and providing a final report no later than 30 June 2024.
The main functions of the position, under the direction of a steering committee comprising of two representatives from each Parish, will be as per the Key Responsibilities below:
- analyse and make recommendations about how best to utilise the combined resources of the three parishes to serve and reach out to our local community with the love of Christ, including the establishment of a community hub in the region.
- As part of a community hub, consider the creation of a shared partnership with Anglicare which may include the ongoing provision of No Interest Loans and emergency relief support to members of the community in need.
- To assist with this analysis, seek the views of local community groups and those undertaking existing parish ministries, determine the gaps in the delivery of local community needs and consider relevant data concerning community connectedness, including the identification of opportunities that may be unique to a specific geographic area.
- Seek the input and support of the Diocesan Exploratory Ministry Unit
- Attend steering committee meetings as requested and provide a monthly report of activities for all stakeholders.
Requirements for position
- Willingness to adhere to the Anglican Diocese of Canberra and Goulburn Diocesan Code of Good Practice
- A connection with and commitment to the Christian Mission of the Diocese
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Meet all Diocesan Safe Ministry requirements for the position, including possessing (or be willing and able to obtain) an ACT Working with Vulnerable People accreditation and a satisfactory Police and Criminal History check conducted by ADS and completing relevant Safe Ministry training.
- Good local community knowledge
- Experience in strategic analysis and planning
- Experience in developing Christian mission
Enquiries and application
For all enquiries or to apply please contact Revd. Peter Malone on 0429350207 or firstname.lastname@example.org